Monday 15 December 2014

Book in Every Stocking - Zombie Goldfish, Spies in Disguise, Oliver Fibbs, Where the Sidewalk Ends & he Collected Works of A.J. Fikry, all suggested by Sara Grant



Continuing our Book in Every Stocking campaign we have a letter to Santa literally suggesting a book for everyone in the family from Sara Grant. Sara Grant has many strings in her bow, being author of YA books, Dark Parties and Half Lives as well as Magic Trix a series fiction for younger readers. Sara is a senior commissioning editor for Working Partners, as well as being part of the team that envisioned and run Book Bound.







Dear Santa

Books are the perfect stocking stuffers! They are the gift that keeps on giving. Finding the right book for a child can unlock the wonderful world of reading. So don’t think of it as one gift – think of it as giving a lifetime of stories.

I have several suggestions for young readers. These books have two things in common: 1) They are funny, and when I say funny, I mean giggles, chuckles and belly laughs galore. 2) They are series of books – when one book is not enough, and it never is.

Any young readers will enjoy My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish by Mo O’Hara, Spies in Disguise by Kate Scott and Oliver Fibbs by Steve Hartley. I know I did!

And if you want laughs that can be shared by the whole family then wrap up Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein and plop it under every tree. This book is celebrating its 40th anniversary. I grew up with these poems and my family still recites them from time to time.

And for the adult book lover on your list, please give The Collected Works of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. I don’t just like this book, I ADORE it. The book blurb says it all: “An irresistible novel about second chances and finding room for all the books – and all the love – that transform our lives.”

Wishing everyone happy reading this holiday season!


Sara Grant



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?