Friday 1 July 2016

3D Review - A Lottie Lipton Adventure - The Egyptian Enchantment by Dan Metcalf - Child Review

A Lottie Lipton Adventure - The Egyptian Enchantment by Dan Metcalf



Child's Review by Lilianna aged 8

This book is about a 9 year old girl call Lottie Lipton. She is very inquisitive and lives with her uncle Bert. She doesn’t go to school, but her uncle gives her harder homework than school would. The homework is always puzzles and mysteries. Lottie loves solving puzzles and comes across some real life puzzles when her uncle orders some Egyptian artifacts.

The book has real Egyptian hieroglyphics and facts, and has some puzzles that the reader has to work out. The answers are in the book, so if you get really stuck you can cheat and look them up (but I enjoyed working them out!).

I enjoyed this book because they tell you the facts in an imaginative way, like the spells on the shabtis. I really enjoyed the whole story, but my favourite part was doing the puzzles. Some were hard and some were easy. I liked the maze the most.

I have enjoyed lots of other books but this was my favourite so far so give it a go!

If you liked this then pop back over the next few days to read our adults review, and find out more about the world of Lottie Lipton with an interview with her creator author Dan Metcalf!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Thanks Lilianna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll forward that on to Lilianna, Thanks for such a lovely book!

      Delete

What do you think?